Description

This blog is produced by Brynne Jewell to share her own experiences with Tourette Syndrome and to also provide a place for others with questions or comments to mingle.

March 20, 2013

Music To My Ears

    Good Evening! I got some great inspiration for my blog today and thought I would give my own spin on it. I was reading a comment on the TS FaceBook group I belong to and a boy mentioned how music helps him. I love music. I have noise-canceling headphones that I wear with MP3 player and I love it. It's like reading a good book in that it can feel like I'm in a whole new world. (No pun intended lol) When I put them on and I start singing and dancing, my tics don't bother me. They outside world takes a back seat and so do my tics.
    So, an update on Jazzercise. I love it! I took tap and jazz when I was little and it's so great to be dancing again. Then there's that great perk of getting exercise. I've been going every other day with little to no soreness. I was talking to a friend at Jazzercise the other day and mentioned that I had TS. Her reply was, "You must have them (my tics) really under control." However, I explained to her that when I dance, the tics take a back seat because I'm so focused on what I'm doing. Not to mention there's so much movement going on that I don't have time to tic! That's a good thing by the way. I have also noticed an improvement in mood and anxiety levels. It's so that I always look forward to going back.

No comments:

Post a Comment