Description

This blog is produced by Brynne Jewell to share her own experiences with Tourette Syndrome and to also provide a place for others with questions or comments to mingle.

March 06, 2013

Jazzercise

Good afternoon everyone!
    It's been a great morning. My mum and I spent the morning making carrot scones, cream of carrot soup, and eggy bagels. Mmmm, the house smells so good and everything came out so well. My first cream soup all on my own. :D Yay!
    So this week I started a new workout routine. During this time of year my anxiety levels are higher and in succession, so are my tics. I've been experiencing lots of grimacing, eye crossing, and muscle clenching tics. We had been look for a place for me for while. Something that would be interactive, easy on the knees, and had multiple classes a week. We found Jazzercise. It combines Jazz, aerobics, kick boxing, and yoga to make sure you get to work all your muscles. There are ladies in my classes ranging from their teens to their eighties - no joke! Each class is a little different so that you don't get bored and the instructors are fully licensed and tell you how to do it so that you don't injure yourself or if you have a sensitive area. So, far I've experienced minimal soreness the following days and I always feel good afterwards. I definitely don't have to worry about ticcing during Jazzercise. I'm going to keep it up and see how things go. I will let you know in a two weeks how it's going, so make sure you come back for an update! I'm off to peruse the isles of Books-A-Million (BAM).

No comments:

Post a Comment